Online Registration Process for K-5 students
Online registrations are now being accepted for the 2022-23 school year and for September 2023. Please ensure you select the correct start date in your application.
Families on a Work or Study Permit should please contact Saanich International Student Program on email@example.com to register.
Process and Documents:
With a valid personal email address, all documents can be uploaded securely online. Registrations are date/time stamped at time of receipt.
Prior to commencing, please review the process and prepare documents for upload. All documents must be included. Please complete a separate submission for each child.
To identify your Catchment School, please see our School Locator Tool here.
Before you begin, you will need ALL of the following:
- Valid email address
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship for student (Birth Certificate or valid Passport or Status Card) *If you are a Permanent Resident, a refugee, or have a diplomatic visa, additional documentation may be required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Student’s health card
- Parent photo identification (1 piece required: valid Driver’s License, BCID, Passport or Status Card)
- Court Order documentation if applicable
- Proof of residency within the Saanich School District boundaries - 3 documents are required showing current address as follows:
Please provide TWO of the following:
Rental agreement signed by the landlord with
landlord's contact information.
And ONE of the following showing address:
And TWO of the following showing address
**Please note - we reserve the right to request additional or original documentation.**
Moving and don't have all the documents? Please contact us at email@example.com or 250-652-7300.
Placement is done on a first-come, first-served basis on the following enrollment priorities:
- Re-enrolling students (A child who, in the previous year, attended the school)
- Siblings of re-enrolling students
- Catchment area children
- Non-catchment children
- Out of district children
Requesting Placement in a School Outside of Catchment Area: To request registration at a school outside of your catchment school, please complete the registration process for your catchment school and upload a completed form: Out of Catchment Area Application - K-Grade 5
School Transfer Requests: If you are currently attending a Saanich School and wish to request a transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
French Immersion: Previous instruction in a French Immersion setting is recommended for registration in Grades 2-12. Please visit our webpage for more information on the French Immersion program.
If you do not have an email address, or if you need to update your child's registration after submission, please contact us by telephone at 250-652-7300.
Once the registration package is received we will contact you with further information.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 250-652-7300.