Children's Development Centre & Alternate Learning Program
The Children's Development Centre (CDC) and Alternate Learning Program (ALP) offer an intensive, time-limited school experience designed to facilitate and support student growth in the areas of social and emotional development, while offering an individualized academic program focusing on literacy and numeracy. Students attend CDC and ALP for approximately 20 weeks. As an ongoing component of the CDC program, students attend their Neighbourhood School one morning per week. Students remain enrolled in their Neighbourhood School while attending CDC and ALP. The program also focuses on family involvement through ongoing support from Youth and Family Counsellors.
The Children's Development Centre and Alternate Learning Program program oversees comprehensive supports in the following ways:
- Facilitate and support students’ social, emotional, and behavioural development.
- Adapt instructional practices to enhance social-emotional development and provide access to learning for all students.
- Develop effective behavioural strategies and interventions for use in all schools.
- Support families to explore and strengthen dynamics within the home.
- Assist in navigating supportive community and/or mental health resources for families.
- Consult with school teams and families regularly in support of students’ social, emotional, and behavioural development.
- Provides comprehensive support and resources for Saanich Neighbourhood Schools.
Hours (CDC & ALP)
- Mon - Thurs:
Referrals to CDC and ALP are through school based teams only.
For more information, please contact email@example.com